Monday, December 2, 2013

Finally- I travel plans

The new catheter is in my chest now.  It's pretty sore, but they are keeping me comfortable.  I have to stay in Florida again tonight, but my mom made flight arrangements for tomorrow evening.  In the morning I will do another round of dialysis, then I can get on a plane to home!  I don't have to take a helicopter, and I don't have to be an inpatient again in Durham.  I will have to go to Duke for dialysis on Thursday, and my mom is staying with me for a few more days so we can figure out MA, and get settled.

Eric just left,  so when he gets home he is going to do some cleaning to help make sure my port doesn't get infected.  We have also picked out a few places to live, so he is going to start checking them out so we can move to a cleaner/newer place as soon as possible. 

I am really excited to see Xuxa, and finally be in my own house!

Things are going to be pretty tough for awhile, but I am so lucky to have everyone taking such good care of me.  My mom has been here since Tuesday- she flew in as soon as possible.  Eric has been awesome, and so supportive.  Both of my jobs have been really understanding.  I even have friends already offering to help me move. Now I just have to figure out the plan going forward.  Oh yeah- and those two final papers that are due for school!  On the bright side- I get to learn a lot about medical social work, and how to help clients who are stuck in the hospital without insurance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment